Karen is an experienced, passionate speaker who delivers a message that will change the way you think forever.
Through extensive experience and research, she has uncovered truths about human nature that are more than just interesting; they’re useful. First, she’ll blow your mind. Then she’ll help you pick up the pieces and learn how to use the new information.
Karen offers talks to both large and small audiences and runs workshops with small groups. All events are interactive and engaging, and small groups take part in hands-on, experiential learning.
Karen has delivered talks and workshops to a variety of both professional and non-professional audiences. She will work with you to determine the best for your event and your audience.
Interested in booking Karen for a speaking engagement? Submit your inquiry here.
To see a recording of one of Karen's talks, see this youtube video of her at Civility First, Whidby Island, Washington: here
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
February 12th: Unitarian Church of Harrisburg, PA
Options for Speaking Engagements
Karen offers talks to both large and small audiences and runs workshops with small groups. All events are interactive and engaging, and small groups take part in hands-on, experiential learning. Due to Covid-19 concerns, she is unable to offer in-person talks at this time, but you can still access all of the same information and have time for much-desired discussion during a webinar.
Karen’s basic talk — in real life or virtually — can be customized to fit the time you have in your agenda. Just don’t forget to allow time for discussion because, remember, people want — no need — to talk about the implications of this message once they’ve heard it.
This talk is one Karen gave to a civic nonreligious group. Here is a video of a long talk Karen gave in 2022 to a Quaker religious group with the title, Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you. Karen will work with you to customize her speech to what your group needs to hear.
Podcasts Karen has been on
- Learning From Smart People with Rob Oliver (who asks great questions!)
- Words of Heart with Dionne Sanchez (the episode entitled Communication)
- Skagit Talk on KSVR with Daryl Manier
- LifePix where I talk about how to apply these concepts in relationships
- Sheila Mac's show Bootstraps and Bra Straps
- The Tracy O show is a show about everything and about nothing.
- How to repair relationships damaged by the political divide with Marc Bautis
- Watch a replay of a discussion on the podcast "Three Things I Have Learned with Susan Dolci".
- Recently I had the pleasure of a deep conversation with my colleague Dr. Heather Clark, PharmD where we explored how to talk to people we disagree with, and how those productive conversations can help us become unshakable. Listen (and subscribe) to her podcast, Unshakable Being, where she explores inspiration and practical tools to help you shift out of stress, stop going in circles, and get what you want in your life, body, and business. You can learn more—and get the transcript—at https://www.unshakablebeing.com/.
- I had a great conversation with Sandy Joy Weston on her podcast, Let's Keep It Real. You can listen here. You can hear one the problems that political polarization is creating with her neighbor. I didn't have a solution in the moment, but I came up with one later! You can read my solution on my upcoming newsletter Fractured Relathonships, sign up here.
- In this HCI Webinar, Dr. Westover talks with Karen Tibbals about career shifts, marketing for leadership and business success, and the power of persuasion. Check out the podcast here: https://anchor.fm/hcipodcast.
- A short podcast with Noreen Daley from Jamaica: How can one restore a broken relationship?